We aim to engage and inspire our people to be passionate about delivering exciting design, innovative storage solutions, well-made furniture and excellent customer service. Our vision, is to be the leading fitted furniture specialists as well as win national awards for service, while creating stress-free environments for all.
Regional Service Centres (RSC's) are our local delivery and collection hubs. They support in the delivery of our stunning fitted furniture to our approved Installers, who then create the perfect space and well-ordered home so that customers can live better.
We are now looking for a Team Leader (Distrbution) to manage the day to day running of the Regional Service Centre site in Manchester, on a full-time permanent basis working 37.5 hours a week.
Week 1 - 06:00 to 14:00
Week 2 - 10:00 to 18:00
£12.88 per hour / £25,116 per annum
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
Based at our Manchester Distribution Centre, you will part of a small team and manage 1 van driver/warehouse operative. You will report directly to the Regional Manager.
Your main responsibility is to pick product into customer orders, via our scanning system and ensure products are complete for our Fitters to collect. You will plan and maintain a delivery diary for lock up fitters and route plan for the delivery drivers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain stock levels and records.
- Assisting drivers with loading and unloading of products in a safe manner.
- Ensure all vehicle records are maintained and work sheets sent to HQ as required.
- Ensure relevant paperwork and site administration is scanned and processed.
- Work with Field Support Manager's to ensure service orders are correct and available for collection/delivery
- Maintaining and improving housekeeping standards within Regional Service Centre.
AM I SUITABLE FOR THIS TEAM LEADER ROLE?
A warehouse distribution and/or transport background would be useful, not necessary. We believe product knowledge can be learned and our induction programme and training will support with this. All that we ask is that you are a good communicator, computer literate and hold a valid full driving licence - minimum class B, along with the ability to get to know and understand your customer (fitters).
Please note: There is a requirement to regularly lift and move heavy goods in roller cages.
You may be currently working as a Transport Team Leader, Warehouse Team Leader, Distribution Supervisor.
Please note although we have stated Team Leader in the advert description, this was done deliberately to maximise advertising opportunties. The role is known as Regional Service Centre Supervisor in our internal hiearchy.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
We aim to inspire personal and professional growth in our people, as we believe our employees are our greatest asset and we strive to attract, develop and retain the best talent by providing a challenging and rewarding environment. Along with our attractive salaries, commitment to personal and professional development, and contributory pension scheme, we offer a suite of benefits and a few added touches that we believe help our people live better in life and work.
- 23 days holiday (rising to 33 days with service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Healthcash Plan
- Preferential PCP Car/Van Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Long Service Recognition Scheme
- Perkbox - (our online benefits portal designed to care, connect and celebrate our people with discounts savings on average of £1000 per year )
So, if you would like the opportunity to join Hammonds as our Team Leader (Distribution), we encourage you to apply now for immediate consideration. Interviews will be held locally.