This newly created role will power the Workforce Skills division by establishing a best-in-class marketing organization and approach aligned with market opportunities and company goals. The role will be a strategic partner to, and report into the President of Workforce Skills with a strong link to the Chief Marketing Officer as a key leader at the Marketing Community of Practice leadership table.
This is also an exciting moment for Pearson as they transform their business, making this opportunity truly unique. Its not often that you have the chance to build something that pulls from the existing Pearson businesses, at the same time as harnessing new company acquisitions, and focusing on future fast-growing opportunities in the Enterprise space globally.
This role will require creating an integrated strategy and ensuring an executional model to support the business and sales goals across the group, by establishing marketing foundations and driving growth for this new division. You will be a multi-dimensional strategic and operational marketing expert, deeply experienced in driving customer and consumer value with strong experience in enterprise and B2B marketing aligned to consumer grade products. Depth & Scope Team Size:
- Team of approx. 20 global employees
Key Business Relationships:
- Additional resources embedded in the business as dotted lines.
- Opportunity to build team and bring in new capabilities.
- President of Workforce Skills
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Senior Leaders & Executives
- Pearsons Marketing Community
Ideal Experience Significant Marketing leadership experience
- Build and launch the Workforce Skills divisions to the market (a new Division comprising of 6 entities combined to one single global entity) you will be responsible for creating a new brand and product category, leading the marketing for a fast-growing start-up within a global PLC
- Develop and implement the global, integrated marketing strategy for Workforce Skills, develop and drive clear marketing strategies and customer messaging to support product proposition and drive awareness, interest, and conversion.
- Use the wealth of Owned data sources to build unique content that drives campaigns to relevant customer and market segments.
- Enhance B2B Marketing capability across key strategic markets and building a marketing culture that always puts the customer at the heart of thinking with a view of the end-user.
- Work with Corporate Head of Consumer Research & Insights to drive market research efforts for the division, identify market opportunities and competitor threats at an international, national, and local level.
- Prioritize marketing spend to build pipeline and generate leads in line with revenue expectations. Exploit market opportunities and counter threats.
- Develop a customer value management strategy to ensure that we derive maximum lifetime value from our customers focus on both acquisition and retention.
- Optimize our lead generation funnel, continually seeking new and innovative ways to drive brand building investment efficiency without impacting our effectiveness.
- Partner with the Product team on defining new product strategies: Identifying the problem our products solve, recommending its role and position in our product range. Identifying our key point of difference and driving superiority claims to support.
- Build a community of the voice of the customer that enables peer group learning and sharing of ideas.
Experience in a customer-focused environment
- 15+ years of experience across marketing disciplines, from brand strategy and campaigns to customer acquisition, digital marketing, insight, and analytics.
- Managing marketing spend and relationships with media agencies and digital ad networks.
- Best in class marketing training with a track record of developing large scale B2B campaigns, with a focus on the end-user. Ability to analyze and interpret customer data to generate insights that inform investment decisions and marketing strategy.
- Experience in media and/or content-led environments would be beneficial.
Truly international experience and mindset
- Ability to deliver seamless end-to-end consumer journeys and drive strong commercial returns. Experience developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement, and campaign management.
Building a team and new capabilities
- Experience within a large global organization, with a nuanced understanding of different cultures.
Leadership Capabilities Collaborating and Influencing
- Ability to build diverse teams and attract, inspire, and retain outstanding talent.
- Developing or bringing in capabilities in digital media, customer acquisition, consumer data and insights, etc.
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both parties act as true peers and decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help the team and others achieve their objectives.
- Leads cross-functional teams.
- Communicates new direction or changes with clear rationale and appeal.
- Advocates for new direction, takes it onboard personally, even countering conventional practice.
- Speaks at all available opportunities about future direction.
- Adjusts communication style to changing situations and to respond to audience concerns (including culture, background, or style).
- Collaborates and openly debates with the team to manage projects, solve problems, discuss challenging issues, or learn more about critical issues as a group.
- Delegates roles thoughtfully to free self to work at a more strategic level.
- Collaborates with each employee to establish clear, challenging performance goals and metrics for the year.
- Designs a performance management process to monitor projects and deliver results that exceed expectations. Periodically against plans
- Michael Howells - President, Workforce Skills (Direct)
- Lynne Frank - Chief Marketing Officer and Co-President Direct-To-Consumer Division (Dotted)
- Andy Bird - Chief Executive Officer
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $265K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: Job:
Corporate Human Resources Schedule:
FULL_TIME Req ID: