MindPointGroup delivers industry-leading cybersecurity solutions, services, and products. We aretrustedcybersecurity advisors to key government and commercial decision-makers and support security operations for some of the most security-conscious organizations globally.
Our relationship with you isforthe long run because your success is our success.Weinvest in your success throughfantastic benefits (healthcare, generous PTO, paidparentalleave, and tuition reimbursement, to name a few).
Beyond just excellent pay and benefits, youll want to work here for reasons that cant be written into an offer letterthe challenge, growth opportunities, and most important: the culture of a company that cares about you.
A position at MPG promises you
- A diverse organization
- A safe workplace with zero tolerance for discriminationorharassment of any kind
- A balanced work life. Seriously.
- A stable, established, and growing business
- A leadership team focused on your professional growth and development
This role is contingent upon award.
Mindpoint Group, LLC has an exciting opportunity to join our SOC team at one of our largest clients. This position is critical to the continued maturation of the clients operational capabilities, and you will join an established and experienced group that is motivated to provide excellent services in defending federal infrastructure. We are seeking a Data Analyst to help our SOC team discover actionable insights from large data sets and make better decisions on our mission to detect and respond to threats more quickly and efficiently.
What you get to do every day:
Active Top Secret Clearance required
- Lead ongoing research to identify, recommend, and implement new concepts in security operations center (SOC) operational analytics and organizational performance management
- Identify and evaluate data sources to support the SOC data analytics function, and recommend the implementation of new data collection instruments to support the programs continuous improvement
- Implement automated data collection and aggregation from a variety of sources, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, case management and ticketing tools, and other in-house databases
- Conduct analysis of SOC operations and value generation using a variety of statistical methods, such as queuing theory, probability theory, linear programming, and monte carlo analysis or other simulation techniques
- Transform raw data and analysis into data visualizations and interactive dashboards using dashboard tools
- Derive insights from data analysis, conduct root-cause analysis of operational issues identified by the data, and provide recommendations to remediate operational issues
- Deliver presentations and briefings to federal senior executives, SOC management, and SOC team leads
- Provide training on the use of interactive, self-service dashboards to senior executives, SOC management, and SOC team leads
- Develop documentation on the requirements for analytics work products, data models, and the process for testing and distributing work products
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented environment focused on client deliverables and analysis
What skills do you need?
- 5+ years of experience; 1-3 years of relevant experience delivering large projects with significant impact to multiple lines of business, requiring cross-team collaboration
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics
- Experience work in a Lean-Agile environment
- Hands-on experience with current Business Intelligence tools like MS PowerBI or Tableau
- Hands-on experience with Python programming and using open-source libraries
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data and identify trends
- Experience driving/supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to connect business outcomes with operational and technological considerations
- Highly organized with critical thinking abilities at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) and navigate at all levels in the organization with the detail appropriate to the forum and audience
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills, experience with briefing senior leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project)
What is ideal?
- Experience with Linux, IP networks, APIs, SQL/NoSQL Databases, and query tools to retrieve data from internal and external systems
- Experience in managing large transformational data-driven projects in the cybersecurity space
- Ability to understand, interpret and track meaningful security operations center metrics
- Experience with Splunk, Spark, and Hadoop is a plus
- Real-time algorithm development and implementation (responding to changing inputs in seconds)
- Six sigma certification and/or operational excellence experience
- Experience with a range of data analysis techniques: linear regression, random forest, clustering, NLP techniques, supervised and unsupervised learning, graph algorithms, etc.
- This role is hybrid and can either be based out of Washington DC or Columbia SC. This position will likely allow primarily for telework, but the person MUST be willing to go on site as needed to meet with the client, the team, access the SCIF, etc.
- All offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or successful accommodation for an exemption.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Highlights of our benefits include Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Flexible Time Off, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses, professional development reimbursement, maternity/paternity leave, mobile phone stipend, pre-tax commuter benefits, the opportunity to participate in our mentorship program, and more!
- MindPoint is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.