Senior Manager, M&A Tax (Location Flexible) Requisition Number:
91635 - 61 Function:
Tax Services Area of Interest: State:
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the worlds top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMGs extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because its an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our Mergers & Acquisitions () practice.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services including planning, research, and other mergers and acquisitions activities
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Work with and assist other senior members of the M& A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with consolidated returns, S Corps, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs
- Assist clients with current issues which may include bankruptcy emergence planning, out of court workouts, debt restructurings, tax basis, earning and profits, and section 382 studies
- Develop, motivate, and train staff and manager-level team members
- A minimum of eight years of experience in federal tax and/or mergers and acquisition in a public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./ LL.M. or Enrolled Agent (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
- Excellent research and writing skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link ( ) contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site). GL: