Our client, a Birmingham City Centre-based retail brand, are recruiting a unique Financial Accountant to join their finance team, working alongside the Financial Controller to support the wider business in developing and enhancing the financial reporting & business processes.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Financial Accountant
- Prepare annual forecast for the P&L and short-term cash flow forecasts
- Monthly meetings with cost centre managers to review spend vs budget
- Prepare and submit the UK VAT return, including P/E (partial exemption) and the margin scheme
- Prepare VAT returns for European countries
- Review and finalise management and commercial pack for FC & CFO
- Run stock take for the business
- Manage the financial side of the audit for the business
- Oversee and sign off VAT and statutory accounts for the related parties and one subsidiary company, including R&D claims
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as required
Key essentials of the Senior Financial Accountant
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel, with an aptitude for analysis.
- Adaptable, personable, and an excellent communicator, both written and verbally.
At the Robert Walters Group, we endeavour to contact all candidates to register their details. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not reached out to you within 72 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates