Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a school administrator looking for a new role in Manchester?
I am currently recruiting for a SIMS trained school administrator for a secondary school in Trafford, South Manchester.
The role is initially required on a temporary basis from as soon as possible on a week-by-week temporary basis to cover a sickness absence.
School Administrator and Receptionist
Five days a week - 8am to 4pm
The role includes
- Undertake reception duties as and when required, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in and out of visitors.
- Contacting parents and carers as required.
- Provide general clerical and administration support, including photocopying, filing, e-mailing, responding to routine correspondence to the headteacher, staff and governors.
- Help maintain manual and computerised records on the SIMS/FMS system.
- Provide pupil data and assessment reports from SIMS as required
- Prepare other documents or data required for meetings.
- Taking receipt of deliveries and assisting with maintenance of stock supplies, cataloguing, and distributing as required.
- Liaising with site maintenance and cleaning staff as required
- Support the school's safeguarding systems (CPOMS) and disseminate issues to the appropriate staff.
Full knowledge of SIMS and other ICT packages e.g. excel, databases, spreadsheets, internet, school texting system essential.
Ofsted Outstanding academy since 2011
Excellent facilities for teaching and learning.
Mixed selective grammar school for students aged 11 to 18
"The curriculum is built on working harmoniously together. As such, we expect students to learn in an environment that is positive, productive and respectful. Our expectations of behaviour and attitudes of our students are exceptionally high, and we expect, at all times, that students will learn with determination, and in a courteous manner"
Easily accessible by bus and car and Metrolink
Full time ongoing temporary role
Working in a busy school office with friendly supportive colleagues
Competitive pay rates
May become a permanent opportunity
To join us and be successful in this school admin officer role , you will need :
- a minimum of six week's experience of working with children supported by references
- experience of working in a school office using SIMS
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
- Provide a CV with 10 years of employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 50 to be exact! With new courses added every term!
- A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Our payroll team are onsite in London. Not offshore, not through a third party. We don't leave candidate service or pay to chance.
- Holiday pay - You choose if you want to be paid inclusive of holiday pay or bank this to claim in the school holidays.
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this temporary school administrator position, or to hear more about other roles for this academic year call the Manchester office on , or email