Bletchley Park is a vibrant heritage attraction, open daily to visitors, revealing the secrets and telling fascinating stories of the secret British World War Two codebreaking operations. The mission of the Bletchley Park Trust is to attract, engage and educate people from all over the world in order to inspire them with Bletchley Park's crucial role in World War Two. We are currently recruiting for two Retail and Admissions Assistants, one 4 days per week and one 2 days per week working weekends (Saturday and Sunday) to welcome visitors on entry to Bletchley Park through admissions and coach arrival. Benefits include a pension scheme, healthcare cash plan and 33 days holiday pro-rata pa including statutory holidays. This position will be based at our site in Bletchley, Milton Keynes. We are looking for a Retail and Admissions Assistants with the following skills and experiences:
- Approachable, with good inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with a smile
- Good written, verbal and numeracy skills
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, self-motivated and willing to learn new things
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Reliable, conscientious, honest, and dependable
- Courteous and helpful with a customer focused outlook
- Able to interpret the needs of others and offer assistance where appropriate
- Able to solve problems and deal with complaints in a positive and diplomatic manner
The successful candidates will be team players, with a passion for amazing customer service and a strong sense of professionalism. They will be flexible in their approach to work and be comfortable working within a busy visitor facing role. Previous customer service / retail experience would be an advantage. As the Retail and Admissions Assistant at Bletchley Park, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing an understanding of our internal and external customers and treat all visitors with respect and courtesy.
- Promoting the shop(s) and museum to all visitors, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operating an admission or till point and service the Multi-media Guide (MMG) counter.
- Monitoring levels of stock, completing deliveries, replenishing the shop floor, and keeping all areas tidy and clean.
- Maintaining the standards and displays which create the visitor experience.
- Assisting with the fulfilment of online and mail orders when requested including dispatching of goods in a timely and professional manner.
- Answering all queries whether by customers, colleagues, or suppliers, in a courteous manner and directing the query to the Supervisor if you are unable to answer satisfactorily.
- Meeting and greeting coach visitors to Bletchley Park and updating coach drivers on parking information.
- Covering the film area to ensure the health and safety of our visitors.
This role is public facing and as such uniform will be provided and a dress code is in place.You will be working either 4 days per week on a rolling rota system working every other weekend or 2 days per week working weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Occasionally, evening hours will be required for special events, these will be paid at the basic rate. In return, the Retail and Admissions Assistant at Bletchley Park will receive a salary of:
Under 18's - £7.67, per hour (£8.00 post probation)Over 18's - £9.77, per hour (£10.00 post probation) The internal job title for this position is Visitor Services Assistant. To join the Bletchley Park team as an Assistant, click apply now. Please state which role you wish to apply for. The Trust operates a policy of compliance with the law on grounds of non-discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, nationality, or disabilities. Closing date for applications is Friday 30 September 2022. Strictly no agenciesPrevious applicants need not apply. Make a difference, be the best, value each other.