Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a transformational agent' for our guests and the best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
For nearly four decades, Benchmark has been at the forefront of our industry, providing unparalleled expertise in hotel, resort and conference center management. Our two breathtaking portfolios, Benchmark Resorts & Hotels and Gemstone Collection, represent the finest in guest-dedicated hospitality across the U.S. and points beyond.
Our diverse portfolios have taught us that not everything we do works for every property. We take a customized, entrepreneurial approach that sets us apart from management companies that follow a standardized process and leave little room for innovation or imagination.
We believe travel can be transformative. Magical, even. We offer our guests curated experiences that broaden the mind, relax the spirit, shift perspectives and empower authentic moments of connection. We have a depth of insight into our properties that helps us infuse the guest experience with a strong sense of location, directing travelers to hidden gems the guidebooks don't know about but the locals do.
We are looking for a highly engaging, customer focused individual to join our Reservations team as a Reservations Agent. The successful candidate for this role will have a proven track record of providing exceptional service, is open to learning and leading by example, responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests and team, as well as being there to support the team both personally and professionally.
The Reservation teams play an integral role in ensuring that each of our guests has an exceptional experience while planning their visit. They are responsible for creating a positive guest interaction that will build the guests anticipation for their upcoming visit. They must also be knowledgeable on providing accurate information to our guests on room packages, special promotions at the resort, and special events going on during their stay. This role is the key to helping our guests discover their Wanderlust experience!
If you have experience in a hotel/resort reservations team, enjoy engaging with people from all over the world and making meaningful connections, as well as taking steps to WOW people, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow a career in hospitality with a world-class property.
- You will help guests discover and book their Wanderlust experience
- You will answer calls and greet people from all over the world in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Make guest reservations for all resort accommodations
- Ensure accuracy of reservation, recognize guests' needs and requests, and properly communicate requests to appropriate departments.
- Promote an understanding of revenue optimization concepts, ideas, and practices to better maximize our Resort's revenue capabilities.
- Utilize training of reservations software system to successfully and independently complete reservations in a timely manner.
- Generate and audit daily reservations reports as assigned to ensure reservation completion, accuracy, and preparedness.
- Generates additional guest interest in all resort amenities and outlets to assist in achieving ancillary revenue goals and enhance guest vacation experience.
- Responsible for striving to achieve monthly ADR, conversion, and revenue goals.
- Maintains a strong familiarity the Resort and surrounding area.
- Remain up-to-date on all resort and amenity offerings, promotions and campaigns, and changes in policies and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively, patiently, and professionally handle all internal and external guest situations and resolve guest challenges to guest's satisfaction.
- Maintains strong relationships & communications with Accounting, Front Desk and Guest Services teams.
- Interacts with resort staff in a polite and respectful manner.
- Up-sell whenever possible through positioning the product, utilizing sales techniques & training and gathering personal information to anticipate and cater to guests' needs and help them make an informed decision.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous hotel or resort experience preferred
- A strong desire to make an impact on other people
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- Computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.