Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary Circa £35k
A local manufacturer is now looking for an experienced Assembly Quality Engineer to join their team.
Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Create detailed plans to meet business plan and department objectives. Monitor and report progress and ensure problems are identified and resolved without impacting on the target.
- Analyse daily vendor performance data and proactively lead supplier improvement activities to reduce batch rejection and vendor return value in line with business plan or departmental targets.
- Manage, develop & control measurement systems within the department.
- Assist in the development of business processes.
- Assist in the testing of components.
- Undertake investigation of quality problems (product, system, process etc.), utilising appropriate department staff, support departments and problem-solving techniques.
- Ensure that all quality issues and risk to production are effectively communicated to the Quality Manager Production Departments daily.
- To assist the NPI team to bring about the RFT manufacture of new products to the factory.
- Supervising of staff within the area of Quality.
- Capture and report effectively on department KPI performance.
- Develop and implement all necessary 3-set documents to ensure the effective monitoring of quality standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quality standards.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, manufacturing, and subcontractors on all quality issues. This may require UK and some European travel.
- Conduct onsite process audits and support internal and external audits.
- Product and process support for all internal processes.
- Implementation and follow-up of containment activities.
- Daily problem resolution (Internal and External).
- 8D report writing and validation.
- FMEA and control plan support.
- To ensure that all Quality, Environment, and Health and Safety legislation are adhered to.
- To ensure all department procedures are adhered to.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in the department.
- Consistently identify opportunities for improvement within the department and record all improvements.
Quality Engineer - Qualifications
- Qualified to HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering level or equivalent.
- Has worked previously in a Quality department
- Supervisory experience
- Recognised qualification in Quality or associated subject
- ISO9001 Auditor Experience
- Be familiar with quality assurance principles and practices (e.g. SPC, FMEA, Poke Yoke, MSA, Control Plans, Process Auditing, problem solving techniques, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings and GDT principles
- Preferably has knowledge of heat treatment and hardness testing.
Quality Engineer - Benefits:
Opportunity to have two bonuses per year, subject to an appraisal and the performance of the Company.
Holiday - 31 days (8 bank holidays, plus 23 annual days). This will rise to an extra 2 annual days holiday after 3 complete holiday years of service and a further one day after 5 complete holiday years of service).
Life Assurance - 4 x annual salary
Cash Healthcare Plan
Subsidized canteen on site
For more information please call Paul Gorton on .
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.