QC Inspector South Wales
Petroplan are recruiting for a QC Inspector to join an international specialist in maintenance, repair and installation services across the energy-from-waste, nuclear and industrial sectors.
We are looking for an experienced QC Inspector to carry out end of manufacture dossiers, the ideal candidate will have nuclear and / or heavy fabrication experience in order to hit the ground running with current projects within the fabrication workshop, and ideally be familiair with GE equipment. Contract type:
Our client are open to considering offering this role as permanent, or on a contract/freelance basis for the right person. Key responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with others within QA department.
- Liaise with Quality Manager, workshop, Project Managers, Third party Inspection authorities, Subcontractors.
- Carry out shop floor audits & liaise with all internal departments as and when necessary.
- Carry out random & planned inspections of materials, manufacture/installation processes in accordance with company and or client, third party procedures and specifications.
- Collate and submit QA documentation for quality Dossiers.
- Initiate and arrange third party NDT/DT, PWHT, etc.
- Cover inhouse UT/MPI/PT testing & RWC
- Undertake additional duties as and when requested.
- Verification of materials and accompanying certification.
- Completing Documentation/forms for QA dossiers.
- Control of Material issue from stores.
- Contacting and arranging third party Calibration companies to ensure calibration of instruments and machines and maintaining calibration records.
- Completing weld maps Traceability and NDT/PWHT request forms.
- Providing welder qualifications and weld procedures to site managers.
- Advising on materials and weld consumables.
- Calibration of pressure gauges and production of certificates as and when required.
- Witnessing Third Party NDE when required.
- Accompany third party inspectors at workshop or on site with regards to QC activities.
- Undertake any additional duties as and when required by the business
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies & procedures.
- To identify system weaknesses and suggest new/efficient procedures to strengthen it.
- Promote health and safety and ensure adherence to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Relevant qualifications - Level II in DPT & MPI is a must
- CSWIP 3.1 welding inspector (desirable)
- Knowledge of welding codes and standards
- Knowledge of materials and traceability
- Fabrication knowledge (Pressure vessels, structural and piping)
- Use of inspection instruments
- Internal auditor in ISO 9001 is desirable.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Relevant qualifications
- Build good, professional relationships with all staff.
- Good organisational skills
- A good standard of attention to detail
- Maintain a clean relevant driving license
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.