36 hours per week
Salary Scale: £22,476 - £23,642 pro rata
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who shares our values (Kind, Passionate and Creative) to join our Holland Street service accommodating and supporting people experiencing homelessness and empowering them to thrive.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide a meaningful support service to identified individuals who live in the project and/or in the community. You will provide a quality service tailored to the assessed needs of each individual by identifying, planning and facilitating support to enable appropriate move-on options for each service user. You will use all of your knowledge and experience to help service users build their life skills and prepare for independent living.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Reporting to the Manager you will work as part of a team providing a safe, secure, supported accommodation unit for homeless people.
- To provide a quality service compatible to the assessed needs of each individual.
- To identify, plan and facilitate the process of securing appropriate move on accommodation options for each resident, including the security of tenure
Your normal working pattern will be over 5 days over a rolling rota, between the hours of 06:45 - 23:00
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV'S FOR ROLES BASED WITHIN OUR SERVICES, AN APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Project Worker will be employed by the Association to assist the Project Manager in providing a quality service to residents within the Project.
- To ensure that minimum standards of health, safety and hygiene are both established and maintained in all communal areas, both internal and external to building. This includes the monitoring of regular cleaning duties and maintenance of grounds and the cleaning of void flats.
- To maintain appropriate recording procedures for all issues relating to the operation of the unit, includes financial transactions, incident reports, building repairs, etc.
- To regularly consult with unit residents on possible developments and/or changes in service delivery and devise and operate systems and structures which both promote models of good practice and encourage resident comment.
- To ensure all residents are aware of their rights and responsibilities in being accommodated at the unit.
- To liaise with any other professionals and agencies involved in provision of the support function to the residents.
- To provide assistance with the residents' general financial management, including the registering of all benefit applications both personal and housing related
- To undertake regular inspections of the building, facilitating the co-ordination of cyclical and remedial repairs. This may result in the undertaking of minor repairs and/or appropriate redecoration, together with giving access to and supervising the work of trade's people as required.
- To supervise residents' behaviour' as part of the process of maintaining the safety and security of the accommodation, and preventing damage to the property.
- To actively participate in the staff supervision process, meeting regularly and on a planned basis with your own supervisor.
- To actively participate in the Association's Staff Appraisal system, including Agreement to undertake any identified training programme
- To ensure that the building security, this may include shifts at night-time, is effectively managed through personal observation, general awareness and routine checks.
- To undertake any other duties as delegated by the Project Manager.
- To participate in support meetings identifying appropriate move on options.
- To provide key-work and ensure that individual support plans are constructed and implemented as part of the key-work process.
- To be point of contact to liaise with out of hours homeless referral team and facilitate admission to project of service users referred, ensuring all aspects of service provision has been met i.e. book in administration
- Provide general advocacy and advice service to the residents, including assistance to enable them to meet the conditions of their occupancy agreements.
The closing date for this position is 6th October 2022 by 12 noon.
Please select the s1jobs apply button to be redirected to our website.