As a Project Manager
you will work as part of a Business Intelligence Agile team to deploy robust reporting solutions to our stakeholders, enabling effective, data-driven, decision making. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience, and self-awareness. The Team
The RM/PM/BA Team, as part of the larger Business Intelligence organization, is comprised of Relationship Managers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts. The team is customer-focused & consultative and maintains integral relationships with our MMUS Insurance Operations business partners. We are responsible for building a deep understanding of our customers business processes and challenges, and work with them to educate or identify potential reporting solutions to meet their needs.
MMUS Insurance Operations is comprised of all service operations for our life & disability, annuity, and long-term care businesses from Client Services through Claims. The Impact:
As a Project Manager you will:
- Be accountable for overall planning, tracking, and execution of Business Intelligence projects using an iterative, agile-like framework to ensure satisfactory and timely completion of all deliverables and overall project
- Successfully lead and manage all facets of agile project delivery including, but not limited to, sprint/release planning, retrospectives, sprint reviews, project risk assessment, and implementation.
- Work with development team to manage the execution of projects and product changes in response to requirements from stakeholders.
- Hold self and project team accountable for outcomes and meeting objectives.
- Manage timeline and scope throughout the course of all assigned projects.
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives.
- Develop, manage, monitor, and report on project tasks, activities, expectations, and deliverables to management and stakeholders.
- Assess project health, identify key problem areas, and focus resources to turn troubled projects around.
- Help Product Owner to develop product roadmap and backlog.
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to deliver a robust solution for the business.
- Motivate teams to work together, communicate, and deliver.
- Maintain/report key project metrics.
- Create and deliver project status; able to tailor communication to different audiences
- Identify and drive continuous improvement
The Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or High School diploma with 5+ years of equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Project Management experience managing medium to large scale initiatives
- 1+ years of Business Intelligence experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies and Agile tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly
- Effective relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, organized, and attention to detail
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Project Management Certification (PMP and/or Agile ScrumMaster)
- Knowledge of end-to-end BI framework
- Demonstrated ability to present to multiple audiences including Senior Leadership
- Previous knowledge of annuity products
- Regular meetings with the RM/PM/BA team and assigned Agile team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran, and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
$95,000 - $120,000 Commensurate with ExperienceAbout MassMutual
Weve been around since 1851. During our history, weve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. Its more than our company structure its our way of life. MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us () and share the specifics of the assistance you need.