48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit
Principal Electrical Engineer - Various Projects
You will provide electrical engineering services on large or mega projects to Worley' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the electrical engineering team.
- Working on all aspects of electrical engineering scope across all phases of projects, including Conceptual Studies, Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Design, Construction and Commissioning.
- Working on projects and proposals in a wide variety of sectors such as Battery Materials, Green Hydrogen, Carbon Capture and Storage, Waste to Fuel, Compressor/ Pumping stations, Electrification of offshore assets as well as conventional Oil & Gas and Petrochemical facilities.
- Coordinating of all project electrical requirements with various disciplines and across multiple execution centers
- Develop detailed load list by collaborating with various disciplines and vendors as required
- Produce specifications and datasheets for Electrical equipment including Low and High Voltage Switchgear, Power Transformers and Power electronics (VSD's and Thyristor Controllers) and Power Management Systems
- Determine optimal electrical generation and distribution configuration and use power system studies to validate the design
- Produce single line diagrams and protection & metering diagrams
- Provide guidance and review of the electrical plant layout, space planning and electrical distribution and equipment layout requirements.
- Manage procurement activities for all major electrical equipment
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- 15 years' experience of Electrical Engineering
- Degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering; you should be either a Chartered Engineer or actively pursuing Chartered Engineer status with the appropriate Institute.
- Ability to lead the Electrical discipline on projects including budget & schedule control / monitoring and reporting
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization including Technical Bid Analysis, Vendor drawing review and attendance at Factory Acceptance Tests
- Experience in doing proposal and manhour estimating is an advantage
- Good working knowledge of ETAP or other power studies software is an advantage
- Experience of work-share execution including working with remote design teams is an advantage
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.