Oberg Industries, Freeport, PA facility has an immediate openings for Precision Grinders for daylight and night shift making up to $28.00/hour. Would you like the opportunity to be cross-trained? Are you mechanically inclined? If you answered "YES", then we want you on our team!! Click Apply Now for immediate consideration.
Oberg Industries is a local, family-owned, contract manufacturer and supply chain integrator providing tooling/metal stamping and precision machining services to many well-known companies around the world. Our passion is for precision manufacturing and our breadth of expertise enables us to provide cost-effective manufacturing solutions for the most demanding and complex production challenges for customers across the globe. Our highly trained workforce plays a pivotal role in our ability to produce high quality parts.
BENEFITS TO WORKING AT OBERG:
- Competitive Pay - up to $28.00 hour
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (no premiums paid)
- Medical benefit opt-out with Reimbursement option
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Short & Long Term Disability (company paid, no contribution)
- Death Benefit
- 401K Retirement Plan (with 4% employer match)
- Quarterly Bonus Program (based on company performance)
- Paid Vacation (earning up to 5 weeks)
- 9 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days
- Overtime Pay (after 8 hours per day worked)
- 20% Shift Differential
- Temperature-Controlled Work Environment
We also offer a family-friendly atmosphere and a number of perks for our employees such as Employee Referral Program Incentive Pay, Food Truck days, Health Club Membership Reimbursement, Tool Purchase program, Training and Development opportunities and much, much more!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Inspect parts before grinding to check for chips or cracks.
- Verify the dimensions of the work piece to match with the dimensions on the blueprints.
- Inspect parts that are received from other departments.
- Offer input on how to improve the operations.
- Record how much time is spent on each job.
- Inspect blueprints for inconsistencies.
- Must be able to set up and operate manual surface grinding equipment.
- Must be able to fixture and design methods of manufacturing complex parts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a standing, sitting, or bent position for 10 hours/day and must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with control. The employee must be able to raise arms above shoulders and maintain dexterity for extended periods of time and also use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and be able to stoop or kneel for excessive periods of time. The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to locate, diagnose and correct problems in equipment and systems utilizing test equipment and/or prior work experience.
- Must possess knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be able to comply with U.S. export regulations.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of surface grinding apprentice program or possess equivalent experience.
It is our commitment at Oberg Industries to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR