Job Description Urologist - Locum Slow Paced, Healthier, Overall Better Way of Life The Community - Clarksburg, West Virginia
The City of Clarksburg is located in the hills of north central West Virginia at the intersection of Interstate 79 and U.S. Route 50, the second busiest interchange in the state. Clarksburg is unique in that it is the largest city in the region, yet still has the advantages of a small hometown community. Our area has the nation's lowest crime rate, making our way of life even more desirable. A rich mix of retail, industry, and government services, with a thriving business community exist, along with many recreational facilities and one of the best preserved historic downtowns in the state. Clarksburg was named National Small City of the Year in 2011 by the National League of Cities. Clarksburg offers a slower pace, a healthier lifestyle and an overall better way of life!
Clarksburg is a regional hub of arts and culture in North Central West Virginia, featuring world-class performing arts venues, theatre companies, and museums. From Broadway performances to nationally known musical artists, each year Clarksburg plays host to world-class arts and entertainment opportunities.
The Clarksburg Country Club features a challenging 6,000 yard, 18 hole, par 68 golf course
Explore Clarksburg Nearest Airport:
Clarksburg Airport (IATA: CKB, ICAO: KCKB), also known as North Central West Virginia Airport with direct flights to Chicago, Orlando, and Washington DC Airlines:
Allegiant, United Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center
Louis A. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in Clarksburg, WV, with 71 beds. Survey data for the latest year available shows that 10,196 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had a total of 2,120 admissions. Its physicians performed 443 inpatient and 2,072 outpatient surgeries. POSITION OVERVIEW
Physician shall be responsible for providing Urology care, including, but not limited to:
- Clinic and Surgical Care:
- Provide clinical urology services including surgeries, consultations, cystoscopies and other related urology procedures.
- Be present on time for any scheduled clinics/surgeries as documented by physical presence in the clinic or operating room at the scheduled start time.
- Specialty Exams:
- Provide direct patient care including specialty exams such as compensation and pension, agent orange, etc., as it pertains to urological conditions only.
- Follow all established medication policies and procedures. No sample medications shall be provided to patients.
- Discharge education:
- Provide discharge education and follow up instructions that are coordinated with the next care setting for all urology clinical or surgical patients.
- Quality Improvement Meetings:
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and meetings with committee participation as required by the VAMC Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee. List all meetings, associated time and frequency.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia
- Board Certified OR Board Eligible by the American Board of Urology (ABU)
- BLS, ACLS Certifications required