Company Goldbelt, Inc
Work Location Herndon, VA
Req ID 12568
Apply Now ()
Payroll Specialist Herndon, VA
Employment Type: Full Time Clearance Requirements: N/A FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary) Eligible for Remote Work: During COVID
Goldbelt, Incorporated is an urban, Alaska Native, for-profit corporation with offices in Juneau, Alaska and Herndon, Virginia. Its primary purpose is to manage assets and conduct business for the benefit of its 3,900 Alaska Native shareholders.
Goldbelt, Inc. is in search of a Payroll Specialist in Herndon, VA. Performs tasks to maintain employee records and pay employees. Duties include the checking and auditing of timecards for compliance, entering new hires information as it relates to payroll into accounting and payroll systems, posting changes in pay and tax status, processing routine labor and payrolls for the companys weekly, bi-weekly, and semi-monthly multi-state payrolls and removing terminated employees from systems. Download standard reports and running custom written reports as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure proper on boarding of new hires and off boarding of terminations as it relates to payroll.
- Make changes to employees records as requested, ie. taxes, direct deposit, etc.
- Review and audit timekeeping records for compliance
- Load timecard data Costpoint Accounting labor batch. Reconcile.
- Add additional earnings/allowances in Costpoint as needed.
- Load Labor file from Costpoint or Kronos into ADP to process Payroll.
- Download and store post ADP payroll reports as needed.
- Prepare and post payroll reports such as 401k spreadsheets, net check reports as needed.
- Process/adjust leave accruals in Costpoint
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong accounting skills, detail oriented, and proficient in excel.
- Demonstrated error-free work.
- Critical thinking skills along with sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to resolve problems and set priorities.
- The ability to be flexible/adaptable to a changing and unpredictable workflow.
- Associate degree or 2-3 years of payroll processing experience.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense a plus.
- Service Contract Act & Davis Bacon Act experience a plus.
Back () Share