What? Payroll Manager / 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Where? Crawley / Hybrid working 2 -3 days pw in office
How much? £42,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience
My client based in Crawley is looking for a Payroll Manager to come in and run the whole payroll function to cover a 12 month maternity contract. You will take ownership of the day to day running of an efficient payroll function that supports and sustains business activities and meeting the needs of our colleague's ensuring confidence in their pay.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on matters relating to payroll as required.
- Manage monthly UK payroll cycle, responsible for the provision of accurate and timely payroll payments in accordance with current legislation.
- Monitor the accuracy of all information held in the integrated Frontier Chris payroll system especially in regard to all employee lifecycle changes, i.e. starters, leavers, job changes, payroll information, etc.
- Liaise with overseas payroll providers, and ensure all statutory payments are made.
- Act as first point of contact with outsourced payroll bureau.
- Post monthly payroll related journals into SAP system
- Prepare month end reconciliations for payroll, pension, PMI and any other payroll related balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain salary sacrifice and taxable benefits within payroll system.
- Prepare forms P11D as required
- Project work and any other ad hoc tasks as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of managing end to end monthly payroll process.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- High level of interpersonal skills, able to deal in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner with a wide range of individuals,
- Strong IT skills, advanced user in Word and Excel and ability to manipulate data
- Experience of SAP useful but not essential
- Experience of payroll implementations
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of discretion, integrity, tact and diplomacy