Are you looking for a role in reception? Or perhaps the Healthcare industry?
Office Angels Edinburgh have a great opportunity for a Patient Administrator to join our clients clinic based in the South of Edinburgh. The hours the clinic is open are Monday-Friday 6:30am-8:30pm, Saturday 8am-8pm and Sunday 7am-3pm. This is a full time, permanent role and pattern of work is rotational shift work each no longer than 8 hours - rotational shifts are: 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 11am-7pm, 12:30pm-8:30pm. With a salary of £24,000.
To provide an accurate and efficient reception and switchboard service. To provide welcome all patients and visitors.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- To arrive all patients attending for outpatient appointments
- To admit patients being admitted on to the ward
- To arrange consultant appointments for patients and to confirm such either by telephone or letter.
- To be responsible for operation of the hospital switchboard and bleep system, being fully aware of Fire, Security and Emergency responsibilities and actions.
- To be responsible for ensuring accuracy of all financial transactions and record keeping.
- To be multiskilled in the use of in-house computer applications providing flexibility within the role and possess the ability to investigate and resolve customer enquiries.
- To rearrange appointments and clinic schedules as necessary due to cancellation by either patient or consultant.
- To produce clinic lists on a daily basis
- To deal with enquiries from patients, insurance companies and consultants in a courteous, timely and efficient manner. This may be by face to face meetings, telephone or letter and will require precise recording of the communications.
- To accurately maintain the departmental filing systems and carry out routine photocopying of required documentation.
- To practice and maintain a high standard of confidentiality at all times and exercise absolute discretion in the use of all patient/consultant and staff information.
- To send and receive communications by fax.
- To receive patients and visitors courteously and professionally as they arrive at the reception department.
- To liaise with medical/nursing staff on matters relating to clinical issues.
- To post patient charges and raise accounts for payment ensuring accuracy at all times.
- To adhere to hospital and departmental policies and guidelines.
- To maintain a high standard of accuracy and professionalism in all aspects of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to at least Standard Grade or equivalent.
- Keyboard/Computer skills.
- Customer Service experience with ability to cope with a busy telephone/clinic environment.
- Initiative, commitment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative with a flexible attitude towards working the hours required to meet the needs of the business.
The post holder will be expected to problem-solve on a day to day basis in relation to their role. They will seek advice from their line manager as necessary.
The post holder will be expected to wear a uniform provided by the hospital, and to be of smart appearance at all times thus maintaining the high standards expected of our client.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply! This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.