Apply for this job now
Nursery Manager Designate
- North Stifford, Essex
- 22 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Please make sure you read the following details carefully before making any applications.
Our Nursery Manager Designate at Chafford Hundred Howard Road will be a strong Assistant Nursery Manager or Nursery Manager who is looking to build and enhance on their management and budget experience. You will have exceptional childcare knowledge and only accept Outstanding practice. You will be offering your expertise, whilst learning the Busy Bees ways of working in the Centre, when the opportunity of a Nursery Manager role becomes available, you will have the tools and experience to run your own successful centre. To add further to your development, you may be asked to work in another centre, if additional support is needed e.g staff sickness, annual leave, and maternity covers.
Why join us?
* *Very competitive salary*
* *Access to our own training company* to support and\* enhance your development *and* gain further qualifications
* *Supportive* and *structured* induction
* *Exclusive internal opportunities*
* *Strong progression* path to secure a Centre Director position in your own setting
* Substantial *childcare discounts*
* *Head office support* e.g Marketing, Recruitment, Finance, Property, HR, Payroll just to name a few
* *Retail Discounts Scheme* via an online benefits portal
*As a Nursery Manager Designate, you will fully support the day to day running and performance of the nursery. You will work with the current assistant Nursery Manager to deliver the nursery's financial operating plan and EBITDA contribution.*
*Here is a snapshot of what your role will include: *
**Care: We take care very seriously**
* In this role, you will work with the current assistant nursery manager and be responsible for the nursery and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the highest standards
* Safeguarding children is your priority and you will be the Safeguarding lead
* Speak Up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our Core Values
* Always ensure that ratio and requirements are met.
*Service: We are an integral part of a parent's support network**
* Market and sell the nursery and be the main point of contact at the beginning or end of each day
* Complete all office-based duties
* Get to know the families at the setting to create a trusting rapport with parents and be able to manage parental complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner
* Ensure SEN/ASL needs are identified early and are met with respect, care and professionalism.
*Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it's what children and parents deserve**
* Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role
* Monitor the nurseries planning observation and assessment procedure
* Help manage the Senior Team and organise training/meetings to keep them up to date on business changes and best practice
* Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against Busy Bees expectations
* Ensure that the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI, CIW.
*Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money**
* Ensure that the setting is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources
* Overall responsibility to maintain ratios and statutory/welfare requirements within the nursery
* Audit children's observations ensuring they provide an accurate, detailed reflective account of the child's current development needs and ensure staff are providing developmentally appropriate challenging next steps
* Appraise and manage the team keeping them motivated whilst also addressing any issues.
*Your Qualifications and Experience: **
* NNEB or BTEC Nat Dip or CACHE Dip in Childcare or NVQ level 3 or SVQ held for at least 3 years
* Degree or Leadership and Management qualification (Desirable)
* At least 4 years occupational experience within a nursery environment
* At least 1 years previous experience as a Nursery Manager/Assistant Nursery Manager
* An unrivalled dedication to give every child the best start in life.
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.*
*At Busy Bees, we take the safeguarding and welfare of our children seriously and this extends to the safe recruitment and induction of our employees and volunteers. As part of our recruitment process, we will undertake the necessary pre-employment safeguarding checks.*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Job Reference: 718173542-2
- Date Posted: 22 September 2022
- Recruiter: Busy Bees
- Location: North Stifford, Essex
- Salary: On Application