- Minimum 4 - 5 years' experience in Middle Office gained in a commodity trading environment.
- Preferably an experienced Risk/Business/MO Analyst with strong understanding, knowledge and experience of Energy trading
- Knowledge of oil trading is a plus (but not a must)
Our client is a renowned and global commodity trading MNC based in town, The firm is looking to hire an experienced and hands-on middle office professional to support its oil trading (physical and paper) business.
As a Middle Officer, you are responsible for timely deal entry, correct position reporting, PnL reporting, pricing reporting and adherence to trading limits.
- Deal entry in ETRM system / reporting of position, PnL and pricing risk to traders.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed appetite for risk and risk limits
- Proactively develop and improve business processes and ETRM systems / functionalities in coordination with traders / IT and Chief Risk Manager
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the various functions within the business, including finance, trading, middle office and operations
Technical qualifications and skills:
- A degree in a numerate discipline with a financial major would be attractive, i.e. B. Comm., B. Economics etc. A further professional qualification may be helpful but not essential.
- Minimum 4 - 5 years' experience in Middle Office.
- Preferably an experienced Risk/Business Analyst with strong understanding, knowledge and experience of Energy trading, knowledge of oil trading is a plus.
- Technically competent with experience in setting up / managing risk management ETRM systems and tools.
- Familiar with back office and middle office processes
- A strong but inclusive personality.
- Passionate about risk and processes, pragmatic rather than overly theoretical, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes
- Stable, confident, independently minded but an inclusive, non-political team player, with the courage to voice his/her convictions to senior management and colleagues
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc. Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R)
Date ad is posted - 7 September 2022