Working as part of an expanding building services (M+E) team, Akton recruiting on behalf of our client who are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to deliver variety of project and professional instructions. Ideally you will have professional experience within the building services engineering industry, ideally with a consultancy, design or facilities services background.
Our clients building services (M+E) team consists of 14 engineers across their network of UK offices and provides a platform for professional and career development, and the opportunity to work on high profile and leading commercial properties and developments.
The team is expanding rapidly, and this is an opportunity for a candidate to make an impact on a key service line within an established business. You will work on prestigious, seminal and landmark buildings with clients such as The Crown Estate, M+G Real Estate, Aviva Investors, Broadgate Estates, Legal and General, GIC, British Land, Portman Estates, St James's Place Wealth Management, and Knight Frank Investment Management.
The client is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities.
Our client is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. They place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything they do.
They're proud of their reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. They offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to them. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career's experience - or a recently qualified rising star - in today's risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Our client is seen as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
They have over 145 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
- Performance design and specification of engineering systems in buildings
- Inspections and reports (technical due diligence, dilapidations)
- Producing Engineering Service Lifecycle Plans
- Preparing budget cost estimates for project designs
- Ability to advise on Engineering Service Compliance and recent Energy guidance
- Client meetings and reporting
- All aspects of mechanical services design including air conditioning, ventilation, domestic services and public health design
- Ensure successful delivery of TDD, dilapidations, design and monitoring projects working alongside the wider M&E team.
- Drive individual financial performance in line with agreed targets
- Begin to build and manage individual pipeline
- Building Services Engineering degree (BEng)
- MCIBSE or working towards accreditation - full support to achieve
- IT knowledge to include MS Word, Excel, and Project, plus design software such as Amtech, Dialux and Relux is desired
- Familiarity with mechanical design software including IES and ability to undertake hand calculations
- Familiarity with CAD and Revit preferred
- Preference in experience of writing design specifications and production of drawings
- Working knowledge of SBEM and Part L requirements
- Technical due diligence survey experience is preferable but not essential
- Excellent specification and report writing skills
- Demonstrate strong experience within a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels and seniority
- Diligent and proactive
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel
- Working knowledge of UK standards
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Commercial understanding in a professional practice
- Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, iPhone & laptop to support flexible & hybrid working, Private Health Care (after 12 months), career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and Professional Membership subscription.
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.