11382 About our client
Our client, a global leading private equity fund, is currently hiring a transaction-focused Legal Counsel to join their highly regarded New York team. The fund is one of the world's leading investors in its specialism within the market. The fund invests across multiple strategies and has plenty of deals lined up for the coming year - making it a very exciting time to join. Due to the increase in activity, the fund is now looking to expand its legal function. What the job involves
You will immediately be afforded plenty of responsibility. On a day to day, you will oversee all the legal aspects of the fund's transactions, both from an execution and structuring perspective. You will work very closely with the head of legal of the fund and have regular interactions with the investment, finance, and IR teams. Due to the nature of the fund, there will be plenty of growth and progression available along with some fantastic international exposure, working on deals across multiple jurisdictions.
This is a brand-new hire for the fund and is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified lawyer with private equity, corporate or M&A transaction experience to become a key member of an industry sector leading organisation.
Who we are looking for
- Overseeing the negotiation and management of the firm's transactions
- Liaising with external third-party providers
- Leading with the negotiation of investment transaction-related documentation
- Negotiation of financing transactions
- Legal due diligence and review of investment/fund documentation
- Providing advice on non-transaction related legal documentation
- Ad-hoc legal and execution-based responsibilities
- New York or UK Qualified Lawyer with experience in private equity or alternative investment transactions
- Previous in-house experience within investment management would be advantageous
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills