My Client, an established FMCG company based in Shepton Mallet is currently looking to recruit a Quality Control / Lab technician to work at their site. The hours will be Monday - Friday 6am -2pm / 2-10pm and Sunday to Thursday 10pm -6am.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Take samples from the line for microbiological & analytical testing.• To provide comprehensive QC Laboratory analytical services ensuring compliance with Client, Customer & Regulatory Bodies.• Work safely in a laboratory environment.• Carry out sampling & chemical and sensory testing or raw materials and finished products• Finished product testing to be completed as per company and customer requirements.• Arrange the timely testing of (but not limited to) swabs, raw materials and finished product, where necessary, working cross functionally to ensure the correct lead time of products and raw materials is obtained.• Testing and documenting working in accordance with company procedures.• Calculate & authorise adjustment of out of specification products.• Ensure operational compliance with procedures manuals.• Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of individual work area and ensure a standard of good housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Recognised science qualification and with a minimum of 2 years' Quality Assurance / Lab experience within a food / drinks / pharmaceutical lab environment;
- Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and Quality Systems combined with excellent IT skills;
- Experienced in Chemical, Microbiological, Sensory and Packaging analysis with the capacity to work to targets within a fast-paced environment;
- IT literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
The salary is c£24,000 basic + Shift Allowances (Total c £27,000)
£11.56 per hour3 shift rotation • 5.50 am to 2 pm - Monday to Friday• 1.50 pm to 10 pm (£15 per shift allowance) - Monday to Friday• 9.50 pm to 6 am (£22 per shift allowance) - Sunday to ThursdayOvertime paid at time and a half