With our first aspiring entrepreneurs joining the Program in late 2020, NCA has now funded 29 individuals to search for a company to acquire, and three of our participants have closed acquisitions worth an aggregate value of $50 million and are now running these companies as CEO's and co-owners.
Check our website for more information:
Because we focus on operating professionals, we have an in-house team of M&A and investment professionals to work alongside the searchers on the acquisitions themselves. We are scaling rapidly, with the majority of the 29 funds launched beginning to generate deal flow, and candidates in the pipeline to launch another 20 this year. We are looking for our first hire on the M&A / investment team in North America. This person will play a critical and active role in the development of the organization and will be the point person for NCA regarding many transactions in the United States and Canada.
- Working with and advising our searchers on the evaluation, structuring, and execution of M&A transactions
- Ultimate ownership of financial models and valuations with respect to potential transactions
- Oversight and review of deal memoranda prepared by searcher prior to investor presentations
- Drafting of offer letters and negotiation, alongside searcher, of key deal terms with sellers
- Oversight of searcher-led commercial due diligence and third-party due diligence workstreams
- Represent NCA to investors, sellers, and advisors in the deal process
- Work alongside searcher to effect execution of transactions
- Manage portfolio monitoring and reporting and support value creation activities for North - American portfolio companies
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong academic track record, preferably including a top tier MBA
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience, ideally both in investment banking or Big 4 M&A and more recently with an investment fund
- Strong sense of personal responsibility, ability to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- Fully developed understanding of accounting, finance, and M&A transactions
- Strong oral and written communication skills and appropriate interpersonal skills to engage with investors, searchers, and potential sellers
- Previous experience working in a 100% remote and international team
An international environment with a flat hierarchy, where personal initiative is encouraged and supported to grow both on a personal and professional level.
Flexible working hours with a mix of home-office, in person meetings and international team events.
Access to our Searcher Curriculum (bespoke MBA classes by professors from top international business schools on a wide range of business topics)
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all submitted CVs pass through the same application process, regardless of gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, race, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, or any other non-merit factor.