Do you have fantastic people skills? Can you deliver a great customer experience? If yes, we have the perfect job for you in our vibrant Leicester office!
We're looking for people who are as passionate about customer service as we are, don't worry if you don't have the experience of working in a contact centre; we're happy to consider people who thrive on helping people whether this has been in retail, hospitality, or care.
What you'll be doing?
You'll provide the very best service to our customers. We'll provide you with 7 weeks of in-depth, full-time, paid training to ensure you are successful in your new career. We'll invest in you and your development with ongoing training programmes so you can excel in your role as a customer service advisor.
Hours: You will work 37.5 hours a week. You'll be working between the hours of 08:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday. Depending how your rota falls, you will work 3-4 weekends out of 8, 9:00-17:00 Saturday and 09:00-13:00 Sunday.
Location: You will work on a Hybrid basis. A few days from home and then a few from our vibrant office is based in Leicester City Centre, right next to the train centre.
Salary: Starting £21,200 (excluding annual bonus)
What does the job entail?
- As a customer service advisor, you will be working within our inbound call centre, addressing a diverse range of customer queries submitted via telephone, email, live chat, or instant messages.
- The calls you receive will be varied; they could include changes to existing policies, giving quotes, taking payments, supporting claims, supporting customers in financial difficulty
- Your days will be filled with helping our amazing customers who turn to you for your expert knowledge.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- An insurance background is not necessary, we see many skills as transferrable, if you have a background in retail, hospitality, sales or just an interest and passion for customer service we'd love to speak to you.
- You will have the ability to forge positive relationships and strive to resolving customer queries first time.
- Self- motivated individuals that take pride in what they do who can demonstrate politeness and problem solving skills.
- Computer skills: you'll take inbound calls whilst navigating our in-house software
What can we offer a customer service advisor?
- Full 7 week training with industry experts and friendly coaches guiding you throughout your career with Hastings. We also use a buddying system once training is complete, so there will always be someone to guide you
- You will work in a modern, open plan office space with a games room that you can enjoy on your lunch break
- We promote a relaxed, friendly & diverse working environment
- Career stepping stones, we love investing and progressing our people by helping them hit their career goals and gain professional qualifications
- 'Harrys' - a great onsite restaurant, with a wide range of choice from breakfast time to dinner time & an on-site Costa coffee
- Refer a friend scheme - earn £500 per referral!
- A brand new Microsoft Surface 4 laptop
- Discounted Hasting Direct products
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays equivalent (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Potential annual company bonus earnings of 5% of your base salary
- Cycle to work scheme, as well as discounted rail and bus travel routes
- Discounts & cashback with well-known retailers
What happens next?
- Click apply now to fill out our short application form, most of which you can auto-fill using your CV.
- The application form is smart phone enabled and will take you no longer than 10mins to complete from start to end.
- Your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team who will call you to conduct a telephone interview.
- Our assessments and interviews are all done virtually, so you can interview from the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you!
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.