Job Profile Summary
The purpose of the Supply Planning Excellence Lead role is to be the global process owner for Supply Planning and Inventory Management, including Raw Material Planning, providing strategic thought leadership, building best practise and providing functional expertise to Supply Planners across all Performance Units (PUs) globally
The Supply Planning Excellence Lead is responsible for driving excellence in our Supply Planning processes, systems and people capability to ensure an integrated, standardised and consistent supply planning operating model is in place to help achieve best in class benchmarks in performance, including stock/product availability, service and inventory performance.
The Supply Planning Excellence lead works closely with the Global S&OP Excellence Manager, Global Demand Planning Excellence Lead, Global Network Optimisation Lead to own and deliver an integrated S&OP and Planning framework to enable improved service, inventory and cost performance, providing the global guardrails for PU Planning teams to operate within.
- Acts as Global Process Workstream Owner for all Supply Planning and Inventory processes in the deployment of Castrol's 3-year Global Planning Transformation (Project Spring) across the PUs, covering process, system and capability transformation.
- Key member of the Global Planning Centre of Excellence in promoting adoption and enhancement of our new global planning system and ways of working.
- Drives process excellence in supply and inventory planning, by developing and supporting deployment of best in class planning processes and policies across all PUs globally
- Works closely with the Global S&OP Excellence Manager and Global Demand Planning Lead to drive improvements in the S&OP process
- Develops and deploys a roadmap to deliver best in class benchmarks and year on year performance improvements to deliver, sustain and extend the service and inventory benefits expected from Project Spring.
- Responsible for owning and deploying a Supply Planning functional capability program to build excellence in Supply Planning competency, including coaching of the Supply Planning community globally
- Drives standardisation of Supply Planning KPI's and ensures compliance to these globally, driving actions to deliver business targets through working the PU Planning teams and Finance.
- Owns processes to ensure compliance to regulatory and other requirements relating to movement of products between countries according (Inter Unit Supply)
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- Bachelor's in Science or Engineering; professional qualification (APICS CPIM and CSCM or equivalent) highly preferred
- Experience in Supply Planning in a material business, ideally with extensive knowledge of Inventory Management, Raw Material management
- Deep functional expertise and experience in detailed Supply Planning processes & policies
- Experience in Advanced Planning Systems (Kinaxis Rapid Response, SAP APO or similar
- Track record of leadership and influencing senior business leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to influence and manage conflict with all levels from practitioners to leaders across multiple functions from both Global and PU Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement, Finance, Technology teams.
- Experience in building and nurturing talent and competency among a community of globally- dispersed network of professionals
Skills & Competencies
- Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Raw Material Management, Information Technology for Planning, S&OP
- S&OP, Transformation & Change Management
- Transformation & Change Management
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly desirable:
- Familiarity working with different ERPs (SAP, JDE)
- Experience implementing or using Kinaxis Rapid Response
Customers & Products
Job Family Group
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Yes - up to 25%
About BPCUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We're gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
focusing on growth and development of customer offers
optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.