Job Profile Summary
Reporting to the Global Strategic Pricing Manager, the Global Industrial Pricing Manager works within Castrol's Global Marketing department to maximise revenue through the delivery of pricing strategy, framework & governance, and adds value by managing strategic pricing projects & the development of pricing best practices that underpins the delivery of business goals.
- Responsible for the delivery of consistent & clear pricing policies, frameworks, and operating processes to guide price setting & price management for Industrial PU, ensuring these guidelines, practices and frameworks are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Industrial pricing compliance monitoring & performance management, ensuring strong governance & identifying opportunities for pricing to be a strategic lever for profitability and growth deliverables.
- Delivery of an integrated operating process & framework to support pricing strategy development, with regular reviews to ensure alignment with Industrial business strategy and plans.
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic pricing projects that underpins Industrial business strategy, revenue, and growth deliverables. Able to demonstrate pricing thought leadership coupled with the ability to develop, manage & own relationships with, and influence, senior leaders within the business.
- Work collaboratively with Competitive Intelligence team to continually enhance competitive pricing intelligence data feed & visibility (in compliance with BP Legal and Competition law framework), delivering actionable insights for Industrial markets.
- Responsible for developing Industrial pricing best practices & tools, enabling more rigour and speed in price-profitability management & intervention
- Responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, Castrol & global pricing leadership, pricing & performance management teams across geographical teams and Industrial sales & marketing colleagues globally.
- Work collaboratively to proactively develop, coach & mentor peers to elevate organisational pricing competency.
Job Holder Requirements (Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- University degree or higher
- Experienced in both leading & delivering cross team projects, essential.
- Previous strategic pricing experience is essential.
- Developed analytical capability coupled with the ability to use analytics to solve problems & make decisions is necessary.
- Strong marketing and commercial acumen demonstrated through business experience
- Developed leadership skills. Experienced in mentoring, coaching & developing your peers.
- Experienced in developing & implementing best practice is desirable
- Experienced in cross functional working, influencing teams, upholding policies & delivering results.
Skills & Competencies
- The type of individual suited to this role is a self-starter with excellent analytical skills, fluent in key data principles with understanding of how advanced analytics can unlock business value. You're a dedicated problem solver, possess a sharp commercial acumen & have strong decision-making capabilities.
- You'll possess clear & effective communication skills, both written & verbal. You'll possess fluent English - both written & verbal.
- Strong time management, planning & prioritization skills.
- Motivated & goal oriented. You work well as part of a team. You have experience in delivering, and leading, project work.
- A strong & effective communicator who can operate at all levels of our organization. You must have excellent influencing skills to motivate & bring others with you. Fluency in both written & spoken English.
- Stakeholder manager capable of building effective relationships both internal & external to global pricing.
Customers & Products
Job Family Group
Yes - up to 10%
Singapore, United Kingdom, United States of America
About BPCUSTOMER AND PRODUCTS
We're gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
focusing on growth and development of customer offers
optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.