Surgery-General opening in Kankakee, Illinois. Job ID: 10770Practice Details
- Seeking a BE/BC General Surgeon for a Hospital employed position located one hour to Chicago.
- This physician will serve as an additional provider at our existing clinic in order to provide high-quality care to our patients and continued growth for the department and organization.
- 314-bed, level II trauma center
- Clinic onsite at hospital location
- 24/7 anesthesiology
- 1:5 trauma call
- Outstanding radiology department
- DaVinci robot - Brand new XI 2021!
- State-of-the-art facilities, ORs, and equipment
Compensation. The Starting Salary Is $100,000 To 150,000 More Compared To Starting Vascular Surgery Salaries In Chicago Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 20% Lower Than The Aforementioned Metropolitan Areas, Provides Significant Purchasing Power To Build Their Dream Home, Payoff School Loans And Retire Early.
The Housing Market. This 2020 Sqft 4 bedroom 4 bath home on a huge gorgeous Lot with lot of trees- Open Family Room -Dining Room - Kitchen - Master bedroom has Master bath with Whirlpool tub - 2 more bedroom on first floor 4th bedroom Lower Level -Patio door leading to wood deck overlooking huge backyard - fireplace in Lower level- small workshop - Plus overhead door for mower storage - Security & Irrigation System - This home can be yours for $315,000
The Community. Kankakee is a city in and the county seat of Kankakee County, Illinois, United States. The city's name is probably derived from the Miami-Illinois word teeyaahkiki, meaning: "Open country/exposed land/land in open/land exposed to view," in reference to the area's prior status as a marsh.
The Employer. Established in 1964, regional provider of health services to residents of five counties in the north-eastern region of Illinois and communites on the surrounding boarder communities of Indiana.The multitude of services provided include a medical center and a senior living campus in Kankakee.The medical service needs of the surrounding communities are met with an ambulatory campus in Bourbonnais and Coal City, as well as 10 community based primary health care centers that cover approximately 3,500 square miles of urban and rural care.Closest Major City
Colleges and Universities
- 54 miles to Chicago, IL
- 129 miles to Indianapolis, IN
- 133 miles to Milwaukee, WI
- 142 miles to Fort Wayne, IN
- There are 33 colleges within 50 miles of Kankakee.
- Kankakee Community College prepares students to transfer to four-year colleges and enter the workforce. An accredited college, KCC awards associate degrees in various subjects.
- Some of the colleges not too far away include the University of Chicago, Indiana University Northwest, Benedictine University and Valparaiso University.
- The Kankakee River Valley is filled with endless outdoor adventure! Experience thrilling activities like championship fishing, horseback riding and scuba diving to more tranquil recreation such as bird-watching, hiking scenic river bluffs, or canoeing the peaceful waters of the Kankakee River.
- Grant Park has facilities and parks that host a variety of events, including the annual ""Driving the Dixie"" antique car run. Indoor and outdoor park rentals are available.
- Through the Bourbonnais Township Park District, one can explore the woods and prairie line the trails of Perry Farm Park that are perfect for biking, walking and inline skating. Explore the Native American Indian Caves and enjoy the petting zoo. Other facilities include Diamond Point Park, Exploration Station....a children's museum, Recreation Station and Willowhaven Park and Nature Center.
- Willowhaven Interpretive Center is a free hands-on nature center that focuses on Illinois wildlife, conservation and natural history with live animal displays, aquariums and exhibits.
- From fine vintage antiques to fun collectibles, jewelry and glassware, Kankakee County offers visitors a taste of Americana.
- From fresh organic produce to locally-raised meats to farm tours, Kankakee County offers farm fresh products.
- Shopping spots are destinations in themselves, you dont need any other reason to visit.
- Unique shopping experiences with one-of-kind or tailored finds.