We are looking for a Finance and Fund Operations Manager/Senior Manager to be based in Singapore, China or Hong Kong. This new position will be responsible for supporting Franklin Templeton Asia Pacific Alternatives (FTAPA) finance and fund operations, fund level financial planning, reporting and performance analysis. This role will also interact extensively with the regional accounting and operations teams to support the fund administration matters for FTAPA products.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Day-to-day relationship management with custody, Fund Administration service providers.
- Establish and oversee operational processes for FTAPA Alternatives funds.
- Coordinate fund administration and valuation process
- Perform management fee calculation and reconciliation
- Perform and coordinate calculations/review of distributions, returns, carry
- Partner with different business functions to facilitate timely fund launches.
- Lead due diligence and onboarding for new vendors
- Assist in preparation of DDQ/RFP process from operation perspective
- Provide on-the-ground insights for regional teams and keep abreast with latest regulations affecting business operations.
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned from time to time.
- Coordinate FTAPA related activities to ensure payments, billings, treasury transactions are properly authorized and executed in line with the group policies and in a timely basis.
- Coordinate the preparation of internal and external financial reports, regulatory returns, tax filings and any other reports as required, and ensure the filings are done on a timely basis. Liaise with internal and external professionals as applicable.
- Coordinate and review quarterly financial reporting package to the investors by working closely with the external fund administrators.
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory capital requirement and any other regulations relating to finance areas.
- Assist with the implementation of new or revised accounting standards or company policies and procedures.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor s degree in relevant fields
- Experience working with private funds is highly preferred. Public accounting as well as financial services industry experience and knowledge of financial regulatory requirement and issues are preferred
- Preferably at least 5 or above years of experience in operations and/or finance function within the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong all round business awareness and ability to handle a wide range of finance and operation matters
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Self-motivated, self-starter and detail oriented. Culturally sensitive and flexible when working with teams across different time zones
- Seniority of the position title will depend on candidate s years of relevant experience
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.