Purpose of Job
Provides executive leadership and develops the delivery of Fraud programs, strategies for USAA's Federal Savings Bank Fraud organization that is focused on fraud prevention, fraud advisory, fraud detection operations, investigations and recovery, member experience, member identity and authentication management, fraud strategy and analytics. Accountable for the design and execution of a multi-year strategic vision for the Fraud Operations teams, taking into account USAA's broader business strategy and complex regulations and supervisory expectations, including how they apply in a matrixed environment.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Provides executive level leadership and direction to the Fraud Operations department supporting a balance between member experience and attaining the appropriate fraud risk management discipline to achieve strategic goals.
- Develops plans and strategies for building out a well-managed operation, inclusive of automated and preventive controls, taking into account USAA's broader business strategy and complex regulations and supervisory expectations, including how they apply in a matrixed commercial environment.
- Accountable for establishing and strengthening programs that monitor and measure the effectiveness of risk management practices within the fraud organization, including the Elder Fraud Awareness Program and Reporting Policy and USAA's Internal Fraud Program and Policy.
- Updates and aligns the business goals and objectives based on changing external fraud trends, regulatory environment, technology, and business needs.
- Provides executive oversight and responsible for the development of high-performing capacity plans and / or models and ensures forecasts to align with fraud operations objectives.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves risk appetite and risk tolerance breaches and reports fraud trends, losses, strategic initiatives and other key matters to the USAA Board of Directors and subsidiary boards.
- Accountable for the budgetary impact of assigned organizations and develops action plans for efficiency initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key regulatory examiners, internal partners, and other stakeholders throughout the enterprise including Audit, IT, Risk, Compliance, business leadership, etc.
- Culture champion focused on driving accountability, managing risk, creating healthy challenge, and pursuing progress over perfection
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's Degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of experience developing strategies and managing major initiatives within a complex matrixed environment pertaining to: Fraud operations, to include prevention, detection and/or investigative aspects of fraud and/or Bank operational risk, to include credit risk, regulatory adherence, funds availability, and/or model development within a financial services organization.
- 8 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams is required.
- 8 years of relevant experience in a large financial institution in a supervisory role within a financial crimes or fraud operations department.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding, and application of risk management and compliance framework and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate and operate across multiple levels of an organization.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory issues impacting the financial services industry to include direct experience working with federal and/or state regulators.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions, and managing work to achieve strategic goals.
- Demonstrated experience leading critical work through a full spectrum of regulatory actions, including examinations and other supervisory engagement and processes, such as: Bank regulatory guidance on security, privacy, operations, risk management framework, and third-party risk management
- Expert knowledge of bank laws and regulations related to money movement and/or payments, including Reg E, Reg CC, UDAAP, FACTA, and Reg Z.
- Extensive knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: Reg CC and Reg E.
- USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $ 236,400 - $ 425,700
- Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors
Long Term Incentive Plan:
- Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment which is both time and performance based
- At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.