Purpose of the Role:
This role is responsible for the risk management and credit monitoring of specialised assets portfolio for APAC post-financial close. These are based on structured financing structure and may be in form of bilateral, club or syndication. Sectors covered are power, natural resources, infrastructure, aviation, shipping and real estate sectors.
- Assist Head of Department in implementing strategic initiatives to enhance credit monitoring process, business efficiency.
- Assist Head of Department in managing and supervising the Portfolio Administration Team in Hong Kong and portfolio of transactions.
- Deliver a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders to enhance Bank's reputation and meet customer's expectations
- Work in partnership with and liaise with relationship managers, structuring teams, credit teams, middle offices, regional branches, subsidiaries, affiliates and other departments to support the team responsibilities.
- Supervise and review the Team's preparation of rating reviews, credit applications, financial analysis, renewal/extensions of credit limits, action plans, provisional risk scoring and usual portfolio management requirements for existing and restructured transactions.
- Appropriate identification of risks issues, close monitoring of and reporting on the status of the borrower and underlying project conditions, including escalating to appropriate departments where appropriate.
- Supervise/review of and negotiate project and financing documentation.
- Oversee the timely monitoring of due dates for credit applications, borrower ratings, covenants, undertakings, collateral checks, KYC and compliance requirements in order to mitigate credit risk to the Bank. Including executing related analysis, computation, reporting requirements, update of internal systems.
- Degree qualified in Finance or banking degree would be advantageous.
- At least 10 to 15 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent experience in reviewing and preparing credit application recommendations and reviews of credit controls.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communications and presentation skills.
- Proactive and a team player.
- Good skills in critical and data analysis, impact sensitivity studies, financial modelling.
- Very familiar in project and financing documentation.
- Good sector knowledge in majority of aviation, project finance, shipping or real estate financing, and banking products would be important advantage.