Position Title: Database Administrator, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Posting Number: P220247
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences () is seeking to hire a Database Administrator to work under the direction of the Associate Dean Admissions, Enrollment Planning and Undergraduate Advisement. The Database Administrator will work collaboratively to support the database management, data analytics and reporting for the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences ( SPPS ). The Database Administrator will be key contributor to the strategic mission of SPPS by communicating with SPPS leadership through regular reporting, data interpretation and visualization, making proactive recommendations for positive and dynamic change.
- Support systems and reporting mechanisms for student success, retention, and enrollment to including data collection and management, reporting and systems management
- Maintain and provide data analytics for School and Department academic programs, goals, and graduation
- Serve as the SPPS Slate Lead (including system maintenance); work closely with the Associate Dean to ensure optimal functioning and efficiency
- Align all SPPS data sets to match University institutional analytics and act as liaison to monitor data
- Support of other school wide initiatives and reporting requirements
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages () .
The University at Buffalo is SUNYs most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo () .
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the University at Buffalo will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- Bachelors Degree in information science or management information systems with at least two years of relevant full-time experience in database management, data analytics and reporting
- Technical knowledge and expertise of relational database architecture, development, and warehousing for departmental use
- Demonstrated experience building dashboards that utilize data from multiple sources
- Ability to communicate data changes to affected parties.
- Capability to manage and maintain SQL database.
- Ability to establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and implementing data security and recovery controls.
- Ability to effectively manage all data across the platform and communicate all projects / feedback to the necessary parties.
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgement effectively in decision making process
- Masters Degree in related field with at least one year of relevant full-time experience in database management, data analytics and reporting
- Experience with predictive modeling for student program and success
Deadline for Applicants: 08/19/2022
Quicklink for Posting: 36264