Data Operations is responsible for a diverse set of operational and business tasks requiring critical collaboration with Finance, Engineering, and all of the teams across the Data department. Data Operations focuses on all aspects of measuring and leading Data's business efforts involving all asset classes and crossing all three of our business units; Data Management (GDDM), Pricing, Research, & Contributions (CABM) and Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG). In addition to measuring business outcomes, the Operations team works on company-wide initiatives such as marketing, organizational planning, business planning and continuity.
As a business analyst working at the heart of operations, you will have responsibilities which impact business planning, project management and reporting.
The key responsibility of this role is to develop reporting for these operational responsibilities and maintain the data that drives them. This will include the maintenance and enhancements of existing tools, in areas such as our vendor operations, budgeting, headcount management and project management.
We'll trust you to:
Does this sound like you?
- Collaborate with Operations partners, including CFO, to improve reporting on operational performance and product strategy across all datasets
- Improve transparency with standardized reporting, data collection, data visualization, and documentation
- Maintain & enhance the Operations' data collection processes which are foundational to downstream components across the department
- Provide support for end users of the aforementioned data and tools
- Self-manage multiple projects at a time while meeting required deliverables
You'll need to have:
- Work experience in information technology, data analysis, and/or workflow development
- Experience with creation and analysis via data visualization tools/languages (eg. QlikSense, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Proficiency in and experience using Excel
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and creating a business case
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in and experience with SQL and data modeling
- Proficiency in Excel VBA, Python or C/C++
- A good understanding of systems modeling
- Solid project management skills with a proven ability to liaise and communicate with various collaborators. (eq. Senior Management, CFO, COO, DT Engineering, Data Sourcing Team, etc.)
- Experience driving effective change management
- Written and verbal communication, time management, and autonomous decision-making skills
- Please note, this role can be in our Princeton or New York office
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email .