Specialist County Lines Social Worker
A Local Authority based in the South West is seeking an experienced Social Worker to join their dedicated team which helps support children and young people that are involved in County Lines
- This is NOT a Child Protection or LAC team. This team specifically works with young people that maybe involved in County Lines
- You will be working with young people from the age of 14 upwards
- The role will focus on providing an interventions service to help engage with these individuals to prevent assimilation into gangs
- You will be working closely with police in the team and information sharing between services is excellent in order provide a more responsive service
- The team have developed a mapping process to determine where these issues are happening in the region.
- You will have the opportunity to work from home but due to the high risk nature of the cases you will be required to do frequent visits
- Caseloads are capped and very well controlled at 10 per Social Worker in the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to take on a specialist post which will provide a unique insight into the issues surrounding County Lines. The team has been setup to tackle the issue in the region and so far has had a profound impact to help young people that maybe involved with County Lines in the region. due to the nature of the post you will be working very closely with the police to engage with service users.
Caseloads are very well controlled in the team and Social Workers do not carry any more than 10 cases. This is so that you have the time required to do the necessary work to help support young people on your caseload whilst not overwhelming you with an unmanageable workload.
This post offers you the opportunity to do direct work with young people and really aiming to develop meaningful relationships. Although challenging the work is highly rewarding as you will be making a significant impact on the lives of these young people
To be considered for this post you should have previously worked in an exploitation team/service.
To find out more about this post or to discuss alternatives feel free to contact me, Rico on extension 7137. Alternatively you can apply to this Ad and submit your most up to date CV.