Engineer and support complex and reusable enterprise designs by developing, configuring and automating detailed solutions that meet and/or exceed capability, flexibility, scalability, performance and reliability objectives for a variety of large cloud projects in AWS and Azure. Leverage DevOps (Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment) practices and tools to ensure viability of designs and seamless transition into the production environment. Tools include Jenkins, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Terraform and Azure Resource Manager Templates. Apply creativity with automation using scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell. Collaborate within the team to validate designs, cross-train and hand-off solutions. Provide comprehensive testing and validation prior to the final release of new and augmented solutions. Responsibilities
- Design, develop and automate reusable CI/CD cloud compatible patterns and solutions, setting the direction for how the organization will consume them. Recommend, deploy and document design strategies and solutions for complex engineering problems, based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business objectives and requirements. Responsible for the technical correctness and completeness of engineering designs and artifacts. Promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support artifacts and processes. Ensure ongoing improvements align with organizational/security standards and best practices.
- Utilize performance and historical metrics to effectively plan for growth, upgrades, optimizations and new implementations; identify and resolve efficiency issues and improve overall functionality. Create and maintain detailed documentation of designs, diagrams and support guides. Continuously develop specialized knowledge and technical subject matter expertise by remaining apprised of industry trends, emerging technologies and identifying their potential value to the business.
- Perform problem diagnosis/resolution and provide top-tier, ongoing lifecycle support for new deployments and upgrades through Continuous Integration and Deployment methodologies (CI/CD). Independently identify key issues, patterns and deviations during the analysis. Report defects and deficiencies to backlog for resolution.
- Provide thought leadership and influence the continual refinement of processes, policies and best practices to ensure the optimal performance and availability of technologies. Manage effective relationships and work in partnership with leadership, team members, vendors, and contractors to deliver robust technical solutions, ensure service level commitments and project time lines are maintained. Mentor, coach and contribute to the development of peers and other team members. Provide technical expertise, leadership, direction and prioritization of work to team members ensuring successful project implementation and outstanding service delivery. Effectively present the value proposition of business-appropriate emerging technologies to technology leadership.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience required.
- 5-7+ years of experience and proven engineering expertise within subject matter domain.
- 2+ years experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Skilled in programming languages such as Python, PowerShell or Groovy.
- Strong analytical and customer service abilities.
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- Strong thought leadership abilities and a highly innovative problem solver.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand a complex operating environments.
About Our Company
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) hands-on experience.
- Proficient in DevOps tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket, Artifactory, Ansible and Terraform.
- Operational understanding in RedHat Linux, Windows Server, Networking (LAN/WAN), Storage, Disaster Recovery, and Application Recovery.
- Domains: Cloud Infrastructure, Automation, Network, Hardware, Active Directory.
The Ameriprise Financial Technology team mission is to create innovative technology solutions and engaging digital experiences for our clients, advisors, and employees. We embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to partner across the business and lend our expertise in the areas of corporate computing, network infrastructure and security. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Technology.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.