Based in Glasgow, ICS Learn are experts in delivering professional training and personal development courses via online learning. Over 10,000 students each year choose us as their trusted training provider in order to progress their career. Online learning gives students the flexibility to fit their learning around other commitments, and gives them the chance to complete training whilst earning a salary.
The Role (Remote)
We have an exciting new opportunity for a remote Programme Tutor for our growing HR & L&D Team. You will either be CIPD qualified, educated to degree level in a relevant subject or experienced in the HR/L&D field. You should be well organised, have customer facing experience and used to working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This is a home based role where you should bring a flexible approach to working hours.
You will have a passion about education, are highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enthusiastic and have a commitment to learner achievement and success.
This is a remote based role, however with an expectation to travel to Glasgow for Head Office Meetings every quarter (paid for by the business)
Responsible to the Programme Tutor Supervisor, you will be providing excellent academic assistance to students via messages, emails and calls whilst utilising the Online Learning platforms where necessary. The Programme Tutor will ensure high standards of student experience through effective support interventions and approaches with the aim of raising student engagement, progression and completion figures through coaching, mentoring, motivating and inspiring students.
You should also proactively identify issues and trends to drive forward the support on the programmes. The role will also require the person to handle complex queries and complaints.
- Provide academic assistance to students via messages, emails and calls, utilising the Online Learning platforms where necessary
- Proving a timely response to student queries and complaints in line with department and organisational targets and KPI's
- Ensure high standards of student experience through effective support interventions and approaches
- To raise student engagement, progression and completion through coaching, mentoring, motivating and inspiring students.
- Handling cases and complaints raised by students and internal stakeholders using the case management system and responding in a timely manner.
- Taking a proactive approach in order to resolve queries and complaints first time around.
- Generating and releasing student and stakeholder related communications in order to keep relevant parties informed and engaged.
- Monitoring, maintaining and responding to forum posts and threads.
- Involvement in team related projects to identify and address issues whilst adopting a problem solving approach to tacking themes, trends and repetitive issues
- Working with colleagues and other departments to identify and support student with additional requirements or support needs.
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders and other members of the Group to enhance the delivery of programmes
- Keep up to date with awarding body specification changes and developments and contribute to current and future teaching and learning strategy to ensure that procedures take full advantage of pedagogical and technological advances
- To monitor and implement feedback and development action points resulting from IQA sampling
- Training of internal stakeholders and future team mates to ensure knowledge is being passed across to new and existing members of the Group
- You will be expected to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required of you and are reasonable in the context of the post.
1. Be familiar with the Company Strategic Plan and to ensure that all activity supports relevant parts of the strategic plan, and the appropriate Departmental Plans
2. Comply with all the company's policies and procedures
3. Participate in the company's performance management system
4. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company's processes and procedures resulting in improved efficiencies within the business and improved service levels to the customer
5. Be a member of specific project teams as determined by the Group Head of Curriculum/Curriculum Manager or Programme Tutor Supervisor
6. Represent the Group or deputise for the Programme Tutor Supervisor as required
7. Evening or weekend work may be required
8. Travel, domestically and internationally, as required to fulfil duties
9. Any other duties required by the company which are reasonable in the context of the post
10. Record keeping and administrative tasks
CIPD qualified, educated to degree level or experienced in HR/L&D field.
Relevant qualification in online or blended education
Qualified teacher status
Experience of working with external stakeholders or clients in a professional capacity
Experience of working with qualification frameworks
Distance/Online learning teaching experience
Experience of the design and production of distance learning course materials and learning programmes
Experience of creating learning resources for VLE platforms
Subject area knowledge (HR & L&D)
Knowledge of pedagogy and the use of educational technology
Customer service skills
Attention to detail
Managing multiple projects effectively
Excellent presentation skills in both formal and informal situations.
Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft Office, Webex and internet
Able to work under pressure, meet demanding targets and work to tight deadlines
A team player with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
ICS Learn are experts in delivering globally recognised professional qualifications via online learning. More than 18,000 students each year choose us as their trusted training provider in order to progress their career. Online learning gives students the flexibility to fit their learning around other commitments, and gives them the chance to complete a qualification whilst earning a salary. We are looking for motivated individuals to help us achieve our goal and have several exciting opportunities at our head office in Glasgow.
Interested? Please click "apply" now!