Allanbank Care Home, Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG1 2LF
£10.50 per hour (new to care or bags of experience, it's your heart that counts)
Full and part time hours available
Benefits and rewards
We know you work so hard and being the best Care Assistant you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Care inspectorate performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £500 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via My Rewards'
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don't we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let's have some fun while we're at work, support each other and work hard as a team.
94% of our employees told us in a recent staff survey that they would recommend Sanctuary Care as a great place to work.
There's loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Allanbank Care Home all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can feel' the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Allanbank Care Home is special and we're looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
Where you'll work
Allanbank is one of the largest care homes in Dumfries and Galloway with 67 available beds. The care home provides elderly residential care as well as specialist nursing units for adults.
Our residential units cater for a maximum of 8 residents with a range of age related conditions. Our specialist nursing unit provides care to a maximum of 12 adults with enduring mental health conditions and or physical and sensory conditions..
We work in partnership with a various other allied health care professional such as Tissue Viability, Diabetic Team, Community mental Health team, Dieticians, Continence team and the Nutricia team. We are also supported by district nursing and local GP practices.
We have a well trained and skill team of nurses, senior care staff, care staff, ancillary, activity and maintenance staff who provide person centred care and support in a welcoming and friendly environment.
As the home is centrally located in Dumfries we have excellent relationship with many of the local community groups ensuring our residents keep in touch with the wider community. Internally we have dedicated activity staff that support our residents with a full range of daily activities taking full advantage of our beauty room, library, bar/recreation area and excellent gardens and grounds.
Are you our next Care Assistant? Here's more about the role:
- First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents' lives - let's support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
- We give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Leisure and social activities are a really important part of the day - let's get stuck in
- It's very simple - if we can be the best Care Assistant we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we're all doing a great job.
What skills do I need?
- Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you'll need to do the job, what is important is that you are caring, enthusiastic and have energy to share
- Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
- You'll also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member.