Job Title: Assistant Manager
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Why Job Seekers Choose Johnny Rockets:
At Johnny Rockets our mission is to Serve an Entertaining and Lively Experience through Burgers, Shakes and Fries! At Johnny Rockets we rock our guests because we value creative expression! Our team is filled with great people who are optimistic and fun. We promise to bring joy through dance, straw twirling and serving ketchup smiles Be a part of the Johnny Rockets team and help us fill the world with fun and smiles!
Flexible Hours: At Johnny Rockets we understand that work life balance is very important. Of course, flexibility is a plus! But we at Johnny Rockets look for Creative Expression and Individuality which totally outweighs everything else!
WE WANT YOU:
- To get excited about performing with a team both musically and through serving guests.
- To get joy out of making others smile
- To ensure that the music doesnt stop
- To enjoy having fun and still be able to deliver
So, what exactly does a Manager do at Johnny Rockets:
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the General Manager, primarily responsible for creating the expected culture through executing and reinforcing Johnny Rockets Vision, Mission, and Values. Creating and reinforcing this culture will attract, develop, and retain talented Rocketeers who will deliver a great guest experience. Delivering this experience, along with serving high quality burgers, shakes, and fries will drive sales, and coupled with prudent expense management, will result in profit for the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets the Guest-focused tone in the restaurant and supports the General Manager to empower Team Members to ensure the delivery of a great Guest Experience.
- Support the management team and be a team player.
- Help manage, monitor/supervise, and provide directed training to the crew.
- Monitor and reinforce Johnny Rockets standards regarding Guest Service, food standards, safety, and procedures along with executing established cost control systems.
- Maintains the highest standards pertaining to cleanliness, hygiene, health, and sanitation.
- Provide communication abreast of all the goings on in the restaurant.
- Act when necessary and suggest alternative courses of action.
- Monitor opening and closing of the restaurant.
- When required, must be ServSafe certified and uphold required standards.
- Communicates with internal and external Guests in a way that makes them feel valued; demonstrates a positive and professional attitude towards Guests at all times.
- Examines decisions from the perspective of the Guest before acting.
- Observes Team Members Guest interactions; recognizes positive actions and correctively coaches immediately on poor Guest Service.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; at least six months experience in Certified Trainer position.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10s and 100s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Are you ready to Rock our Guests? Are you ready to fill the world with fun and smiles?
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years' related restaurant management experience are required. A valid Driver License and clean driving record are also required.